The LVTP has joined the Tea Party Budget Coalition.
You can read the budget here, at FreedomWorks.org
The mainstream media claims the Tea Party movement wants "draconian" cuts yet lacks a reasonable plan. The new "Tea Party Budget" plan offers a full-fledged rebuke to that assertion. As you’ll see when you read it, it’s detailed, serious, optimistic, practical, and bold. The plan:
- Cuts, caps, and balances spending
- Balances the federal budget without tax hikes
- Reduces federal spending by $9.7 trillion over the coming decade
- Eliminates 4 Departments (Energy, Education, Commerce, and HUD)
- Privatizes and downsizes dozens of departments, agencies, and programs
- Reduces federal outlays from their current level of 24 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), the highest since World War II, to a more realistic 16 percent
- Gives individuals more ownership, choice, and control of their retirement through optional Social Security accounts
- Lets seniors enroll in the Congressional health care plan.
- Moves us boldly back toward the Founders' vision of limited, constitutional government
More at FreedomWorks.org - Announcing the Tea Party Budget Coalition.